When I told my mom I was running this Tough Mudder race, her first response was..what did you call me ?
Once I explained to her what Tough Mudder was, she, like my boy asked simply why?
Aside from the charity thing, which i admit is not the primary reason the ‘Why’ is both simple and complicated.
I’m running this race because when i talk to people about it they say why?
And at 45 (as i will be when this race takes place) I refuse to become ‘that’ guy, I refuse to walk away from a challenge because I’m not as young as I was. I stopped playing football because I could no longer compete, but I didn’t stop living. If the past year or so has taught me anything its that quitting gets you no where.
- I intend to run this race because life without challenges isn’t life its waiting to die
- I intend to to run this race because i am going to be in better shape at 45 than I was at 35.
- I intend to run this race so that I can show my boy that there is nothing you cannot achieve with hard work
- I will get my ass out of bed and train in the morning
- I will go home at night and train
- I will eat right
- I will lift, row and run until I am ready
- I will compete
So when i get asked why I am doing this the answer is simple
Because its there
Get off your ass and do something , or sit and watch others, that’s your choice..
Click here to support Help for Hereos